2009- 2012 COST IC0703 Data Traffic Monitoring and Analysis: theory, techniques, tools and applications for the future network
2005-2008 RPF Coordinator. Project title: Research Network for IPv6. Project Budget 60,000CYP
2006-2007 Cyprus College Research Grant £500
2005-2007 RPF Coordinator. Project title: A digital entrepreneurial framework for the promotion of ecological and cultural tourism services in Cyprus. Project Budget 90,000CYP
2004-2005 Cyprus College Research Grant £1000
2004-2007 E-NEXT NoE in Emerging Network Technologies. 6th European Framework program. Program budget 2,000,000 €uros
2004-2006 AVD-Merge: Educational Network Infrastructure for Dissemination of Real Time AV/Data in Technical Education
COST273 Towards Mobile Multimedia Networks, ESF funding
2002-2006 MEDFORIST project, EUMEDIS-Volet 2 SCR-E-110979/C/G MEDFORIST Euro-Mediterranean Network for sharing IST learning resources, EC contribution: 2 249 635 €uros
2002-2003 Cyprus College, Research Grant £500
2001-2002 Cyprus College, Research Grant £500
1994-1998 British Telecom, Distributed Control Issues in Intelligent Networks, £28,095
"Dynamic cloud resource migration for efficient 3D video processing in mobile computing environments”, accepted, Springer Book, Book Chapter on Novel 3D Media
"Resource and scheduling management in Cloud Computing Paradigm", in book Cloud Computing Methods and Practical Approaches, Editor: Zaigham Mahmood. ISBN: 978-1-4471-5106-7 (Print) 978-1-4471-5107-4 (Online), pp:107-132.
“Development of E-commerce Systems based on Socio-Cultural Differentiation”, in book Cultural influence on e-commerce adoption and practice, published by the Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts of India, summer 2006.
“AEOLOS TRAVEL:AN INTEGRATED CASE STUDY IN E-BUSINESS” in book Rising to the Digital Challenge, Lessons Learnt from Mediterranean Enterprises, Savvas C Savvides, Katerina Papanikolaou, Chryso Mavrommati, published by Centre TIME, Grenoble Ecole de Management, ISBN 9957-8585-1-3
- Riezebos, J., Hoc, J-M., Mebarki, N., Dimopoulos, C., Wezel, W.M.C. van, Pinot, G., “Design of Planning & Scheduling Algorithms: A Critical Discussion”, Behavioral Operations in Planning and Scheduling, Springer, 2011, pp.299-322.
- Riezebos, J., Hoc, J-M., Mebarki, N., Dimopoulos, C., Wezel, W.M.C. van, Pinot, G., “Design of Planning & Scheduling Algorithms: Applications”, Behavioral Operations in Planning and Scheduling, Springer, 2011, pp.371-412.
- Dimopoulos, C., "Evolutionary Optimization in Production Research" in Jean-Philippe Rennard ed., Handbook of Nature Inspired Computing in Economics and Management, Idea Publishing, Chapter XXXII, pp.483-497, 2007.
- Katerina Papanikolaou and Stephanos Mavromoustakos, “Web 2.0 Based e-Learning Development Process”, Journal of the World Universities Forum.
- Katerina Papanikolaou and Stephanos Mavromoustakos, “A Quality Evaluation Model for Web2.0 e-Learning Systems”, The Journal of eWorking.
- Katerina Papanikolaou and Stephanos Mavromoustakos, “Critical Success Factors for Web2.0 e-Learning Systems”, Upgrade CEPIS
- Katerina Papanikolaou and Stephanos Mavromoustakos “Facilitating E-Commerce development in the Euro-Mediterranean region”, Journal of Business and Society Volume 19, Numbers 1 & 2, 2006.
- Stephanos Mavromoustakos and Katerina Papanikolaou “Requirements Elicitation in Web Engineering”, Upgrade, European Journal on Informatics, Vol. VII, issue no. 1, pp: 53-56.
- Stephanos Mavromoustakos, Andreas S. Andreou, Katerina Papanikolaou: “Critical Factors in the Socio-Cultural e-Learning Engineering Process.” International Journal of Continuing Engineering Education and Life-Long Learning 2007 - Vol. 17, No.2/3 pp. 178 - 200
- Andreas Grondoudis, Katerina Papanikolaou and M.Holcombe, “X-Machines Methodology”, Journal of Business Society, ISSN 1012-2591, Vol. 18, no 2 June 2004
- Katerina Papanikolaou, Phil Lane, Charis Chari “Distributed versus Centralized Management Scheme for a VoD Server Network”. The North American Business Journal July 2002
- Phil Lane, Charis Chari, Katerina Papanikolaou. “Distributed versus Centralized Management Scheme for a VoD Server Network.” Journal of Business and Society, ISSN 1012-2591, Vol. 13, no 3 June 2001.
- Katerina Papanikolaou, Constandinos X. Mavromoustakis, George Mastorakis, Athina Bourdena and Ciprian Dobre: “Energy Consumption Optimization using Social Interaction in the Mobile Cloud”, submitted in ELEMENT 2014 in conjunction with the 6th Intl. Conference on Mobile Networks and Management 2014, 22-24 Sept. Wuerzburg, Germany.
- Konstantinos Katzis, Katerina Papanikolaou, Marios Iakovou: “Reinforcement Learning in Hierarchical Cognitive Radio Wireless Networks”, HP-MOSys '13 Proceedings of the 2nd ACM workshop on High performance mobile opportunistic systems, pages 47-52.
- Katerina Papanikolaou, Stephanos Mavromoustakos “Critical success factors for U-Learning”, In Proceedings of Edineb 2013
- Katerina Papanikolaou, Stephanos Mavromoustakos “Developing Adaptive e-Learning Systems based on Web 2.0”, International Conference on Information Society (i-Society 2012)
- Katerina Papanikolaou, Stephanos Mavromoustakos:” Improving the effectiveness of online elearning systems ”. In Proceedings of EDINEB 2011.
- Katerina Papanikolaou, Stephanos Mavromoustakos. “E-Learning Engineering in the Web2.0 era”. In Proceedings of ICETC 2010, 2nd International conference on Education Technology and Computer. pp. 534~5387
- Katerina Papanikolaou and Stephanos Mavromoustakos: “Web2.0 based e-Learning Development Process”, The third World Universities Forum, Jan.9-11, 2010, Davos, Switzerland.
- Katerina Papanikolaou and Stephanos Mavromoustakos: “A Quality Evaluation Model for Web2.0 e-Learning Systems”, IASK International Conference "E-Activity and Leading Technologies 2009", Seville, Spain
- K. Papanikolaou, S. Mavromoustakos: “Web2Train: a Design Model for Corporate e-Learning Systems” in proceedings 11th International Conference
on Business Information Systems BIS 2008 Innsbruck, Austria 5-7 May 2008
- K. Papanikolaou, S. Mavromoustakos: “Developing Quality Games-based e-Learning Systems’ in proceedings ACS/IEEE International Conference on Computer Systems and Applications, AICCSA ‘2007 May 13-16, 2007
- K. Papanikolaou, S. Mavromoustakos: “Enabling Factors for E-Commerce growth in the Euro-Mediterranean and MENA Countries” 7th Mediterranean Social and Political Research Meeting, Florence 22-26 March 2006
- K. Papanikolaou, S. Mavromoustakos: “An Adaptive Customer-Oriented Framework for the Development of E-Commerce Systems”, IASTED International Conference on Internet Multimedia Systems and Applications – EuroIMSA 2006, 13-15 February, 2006, Innsbruck Austria
- S. Mavromoustakos, K. Papanikolaou: “Development of customer-oriented E-Commerce systems based on Socio-Cultural Differentiation”, 1st International E-Business Conference, IEBC 2005, June 24-25, 2005,Tunis, Tunisia
- S. Mavromoustakos, K. Papanikolaou: “Human and Technological Issues in the E-Learning Engineering Process” 1st International Conference on E-Business & E-Learning, 23-24 May 2005, Amman Jordan
- S. Mavromoustakos, K. Papanikolaou, A. S. Andreou: “A methodology for developing Quality E-Learning Systems.” e-Challenges e-2004, 27-29October 2004, Vienna
- S. Mavromoustakos, K. Papanikolaou, C. Leonidou, A. S. Andreou: “The Development of a Quality e-Learning Environment based on Human, Social, and Cultural factors”, IEEE 1st International Conference on Information and Communication Technologies, Syria 19-23 April, 2004.
- K. Papanikolaou, C. Chari, A. Mavrommatis: “Object Recognition and Digital Image Pattern Analysis of Predetermined Shape Objects.” 8th Panhellenic Conference on Informatics Nicosia Nov. 2001
- K. Papanikolaou and M. Wilby: “Management Scheme for VoD Server Network”, Network and Optical Communications 1996: ATM Networks and LAN's, NOC'96, Heidelberg, Germany, 1996.
- K. Papanikolaou and M. Wilby: “Control Protocol for Distributed Multimedia System Modelled on VoD”, IEEE Singapore International Conference on Communication Systems ICCS/ISPACS'96, Singapore Nov.'96.
- K. Papanikolaou and M. Wilby: “Design outline for Video-on-Demand Server”, Fifth IEE Conference on Telecommunications, Brighton UK 1995.
- K. Papanikolaou and M. Wilby: “Administration System for Home Services offered by Metropolitan Area Networks”, Eighth IEEE Workshop on Local and Metropolitan Area Networks, Berlin, Germany 1996.
- K. Papanikolaou and M. Wilby: “Network and Control requirements for a distributed VoD Service”, IEEE Symposium on planning and design of broadband networks, Montebello, Quebec, Canada, Oct. 96.
- K. Papanikolaou and M. Wilby: “Architecture for a Networked VoD Service in a Multimedia Environment”, IEEE ROC&C/ITS'96, Mexico 1996.